Thnx for Visiting!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Lost of Fashion Contributor, Anna Piaggi.

On August 7, 2012 the fashion world lost a piece of inspiration. Anna Piaggi was born in 1931 in Milan. Her career in fashion began in the 60's as the editor of Italian women's magazine Arianna, and later became editor at avant-garde publicationVanity in the 80's. But Piaggi was best known for her collaboration with Vogue Italia which began in the 60's, and lead her to inspire the fashion world and become the muse of designers such Karl Lagerfeld and Manolo Blahnik. 

 Anna Piaggi was known for her funky eclectic style, her blue hair and her love of hats! "Hats are like a halo of happiness," she said.
According to a 2006 exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, among many other pieces, her collection of clothes consisted of 2,865 dresses and 265 pairs of shoes.

Anna Piaggi & Karl Lagerfeld
Piaggi served as a muse to Karl Lagerfeld. Sketching her several times and even dedicating the book  Anna-Cronique to her in the 80's.  
 She married photographer Alfa Castaldi in 1962 in New York. He later passed away in 1955.

Piaggi's words on Fashion: "It is a moment, an expression. My philosophy of fashion is humor, jokes and games. I make my own rules. I never pick up something and just throw it on my back like that. There's a little bit of study, and it's always better if I think about what I'm going to wear the night before the next day. And what is to be avoided at all costs is the twin-set look, the total look."

PEACE.LOVE&FASHION,
Endless Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For visiting! I hope you have been Inspired & I'd love to hear from you...<3