Thnx for Visiting!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Get The Runway Look minus The Runway Price!

You don't need to break the bank to look amazingly put together. Styles shown on the runway are always available by other designers and at different prices...Just keep in mind a few things. First of all, BE ORIGINAL! Trends come and go each season but, STYLE is FOREVER. Once you learn how to dress for you: styles and silhouettes that flatter your body, how to mix classics with fashion trends, and personalizing it to your style ~ then your almost there. You don't have to follow every trend to be fashionable. Something that you cant buy in stores but completes your style is CONFIDENCE. When you walk down the street feeling confident about yourself, you can make a trash bag cinched at the waist with a belt look good. So Don't follow trends, but yet get inspired, and make them your own.

A few trends that were heavily influential for Fall/Winter were:

  • Faux Fur/Real Fur
  • Military Jackets
  • Boyfriend Blazers

So I wanna show you how some of these trends were shown on the runway....and how you can get them at a price that fits your budget.

Fur Trend
Dereck Lam


Forever21 $29.99

Jenny Han $159

Alberto Makali $275


Military Trend
Balmain

Free People $49.95

Banana Republic $150

Leifsdottir $348


Boyfriend Blazer Trend

Louis Vuitton

ASOS $94.82

Club Monaco $199

Theory $325

Personally, I am a fan of all three trends, especially the boyfriend blazer. The military has been inspiring fashion for years now but I definitely think this year I saw a lot more of it in jackets, bags, shoes and accessories. I've never been a fur lover, but I did find a faux fur shaggy vest that I thought was subtle enough to add to my wardrobe and didn't make me feel like a polar bear. 

So these are some of my own pieces that I LOVE!!

Kensie Faux Fur Vest (Nordstrom)

Ambition Military Jacket (Nordstrom)

Halogen Boyfriend Blazer (Nordstrom)

Hope you Enjoyed! See you guys soon!

Love,  Belkis.


1 comment:

Thank You For visiting! I hope you have been Inspired & I'd love to hear from you...<3